Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chapter 2

"Jess? Jessie!! Jessica wake up!!"
I groaned when I felt a shove. I was still tired. It's a Saturday,  can't they let me sleep in?
"Come on Jess, wake up. It's almost noon!" Tony practically shouted.
"Easy Tone, she had a rough night." I heard Jayden say. I still hadn't open my eyes, but I was now propped up on my elbows trying to sum up the energy to fully sit up. Noon? Since when do I sleep until noon?
"What do you mean, she had a rough night?" Tony asked confused.
Jayden started to answer, but was interrupted by Cryssie calling from downstairs.
"Is she up yet?! Don't let her miss lunch too!" Tony shouted back down to her that I was up now, which made me realize I had a bad headache. I sighed sitting up completely, my legs now hanging over the side of the bed. I rubbed my eyes, and felt someone sit next to me, then pull me into a hug.
"Jessica......are you alright?" Jayden's voice was soft,  almost sympathetic. I looked at her, she was staring at me with her huge blue eyes. She had no make up on, I noticed.
"I'm fine, why?" I looked at her cautiously.  She knew something, though I wasn't sure what. She looked down, patted my leg, then got up and moved to the door. She looked at me again with pain and sadness written on her face.
"You talk in your sleep, Jess." She said softly, then pushed past Anthony,  and went downstairs. I stared at the spot she was just in, completely shocked. Anthony looked at her, then back at me. I felt my stomach drop and a lump rise in my throat.
"Jess," Anthony asked carefully.  "What is she talking about?"
I wanted to tell him, I really did. But smarter than me or not, he's only 13. There's no way I could say it.
But apparently my mouth didn't get the message.
"I'm pregnant, " I whispered.
He creased his forehead,  confused. He moved closer to me.
"Come again?"
I started to cry. He got worried then sat down next to me the same way Jayden did.
"I'm pregnant, " I bawled. Obviously, he didn't know how to react to this, since he just sat there silent, and held me until my bawling became a light sniffle. "I don't know what to do. " I said.
When he spoke, he almost sounded like a 19 yr old man, instead of a 13 year old boy. "When did this happen? "
I couldn't look at him. Instead, I looked down at my feet. "A couple weeks ago, behind the school." I heard him sigh.
"Are you gonna tell mom?" He asked. I nodded.  I have to now, my siblings already know. He patted my shoulder, and stood up, holding out his hand to mine. I take it and stand up. Tony pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry sis. I really am."
I didn't say anything. I just nodded.
"Tony?" I asked.
"Yeah Jess?"
"I'm hungry,  can we go downstairs now?" He laughed a little, and headed to the door. 
"Yeah sis, let's go." He smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment